Spanish Style Rums
- Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva, 12 y.o.40%70Venezuelan classic! Rich, sweet and fruity, just how we like 'em. Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva is one of the most awarded rums, with more than 20 awards to its name.
- Diplomatico No1 Batch Kettle Rum47%85One of the limited Distillery Collection rums showcasing alternative distillation processes. The Batch Kettle Still is semi-continuous distillation system, originally from Canada, where it was employed for the production of whisky. Bold and fruity on the nose, wood tannins, toasted caramel and ripe red fruit flavors on the palate with sweet aftertaste.
- Diplomatico No2 Barbet Rum47%85One of the limited Distillery Collection rums showcasing alternative distillation processes. The Barbet rum is distilled on 2 column continuous still brought from France. Tropical fruit aromas, toasted oak notes on the nose. Slightly dry on the palate with delicate wood and fresh citrus fruit flavors combine for pleasant, long-lasting finish.
- Latino 5 y.o. Compagnie Des Indes40%70Central America blend (over 60% of Guatemalan rum). Nose fresh and elegant with flambé pineapple. Hints of frangipane with almond. Mouth sweet and subtle with iodine, pineapple and exotic candied fruits
- Don Pancho Origines, 18 y.o.40%90Oringines rum is developed Francisco “Don Pancho” Fernandez Perez, who has worked with rum development since the early sixties. With many years of experience and the desire to create a rum without compromise, he has finally presented to the world the Origines. This is a rum worth waiting a lifetime for, as Don Pancho says.
Origines 18 is a delicious rum with aromas of sweet tea, honey, fresh dates, soft cardamom and figs. The palate contains notes of dried fruits, bourbon and matured plums. A sweet luxurious initial entry on the palate turns to creamy vanilla, then dries to kola nut and brown spice. This is a well-balanced rum with a long oak finish reluctant to leave the palate.
British & French Style Rums
- Enmore 1988, 27 y.o. S.B.S.51,8%180Rum from legendary Guyana distillery Enmore – This is a rare treat that will open your eyes and senses to what an old cask matured rum can be – dark and heavy with wonderful flavour balance of oak and molasses. From the independently bottled range of 1423’s, Single Barrel Selection. 1 of only 180 bottles.
- Reserve Rum of Grenada 2003, 11 y.o. Bristol Classic43%75This Bristol Spirits Reserve Rum of Grenada is distilled in 2003 by Westerhall Estate on their column still. Westerhall Estate began making rum in the 1700s when the plantation took up hundreds of acres in the coastal perish. After the distillation this rum was shipped to the UK and filled to used oak barrels for maturation in cool damp cellars. The methods for distillation in the Caribbean varies dependent of the country and the plantation. This is column still which produces light, elegant, and juicy rums. At Westerhall Estate, they have always enjoyed a strong local following, and the access to pure water and fresh sugar cane juice made their products distinct from the beginning. This Grenada rum has a pale golden colour, soft fruit on the nose, sweetness and length on the palate with well-integrated wood.
- Trinidad & Tobago XO46%85West Indies Rum & Cane Merchants provides us with this awesome single cask bottling from Trinidad Distillers. An excellent example of how handpicked barrels, at the height of its maturation potential, really highlights the terroir – bringing us some of the very best from this region.
- Port Morant 1999, 16 y.o. Bristol Classic46%120American Oak Aged from probably the best and most certainly most legendary pot still in Guyana dating back to 1732. Fruity nose with tones of toffee and soft wood and the classic Port Morant touch of aniseed. Well controlled wood enhances a looooooooong and lingering finish.
- Rhum Caraibes 3 to 5 years old blend40%50The blend of 50% Trinidad, 25% Barbados and 25% Guyana rums. Nice and easy going. Banana, raisins and peaches!
- Foursquare Cane Island, Barbados 8 y.o.43%60The base material in tis Barbados rum is molasses, and the distillation type is pot- and column still. This rum has the perfect balance between deep oak and complex spices. It is a typical Forsquare rum, being smooth, authentic and pure. Every single drop of rum has spent full 8 years in the barrels at the distilled – no refilling of barrels and no “Solera” ageing, but pure and pure and honest 8 year old rum.
- Foursquare Principia, Barbados62%180As experiments go, this is a wonderful one from Foursquare. Who created this amazing and much sought after rum, through a double maturation process, taking place in the tropics, With 3 years in ex Bourbon, and another 6 years in ex Sherry Casks. Although 5400 bottles was released - it was such a hot item at the time that we prize ourselves lucky to get one bottle for you to enjoy.
- Barbados Plantation X-Mas Old40%70This barbadian rum reveals simultaneous notes of vanilla and toasted oak, tropical fruits and caramel. Classic Plantation rum!
- Barbados Jamaica XO, Plantation45%100Single cask bottling. Lovely blend of spicy Barbados rum and high esters Jamaican rum, aged 7 years in bourbon cask and 1 year in Pierre Ferrand cognac cask.
- Vale Royal 2006 Wedderburn62,5%180Powerful, yet elegant. At the light end of esters. This is reproduction of the Vale Royal Distillery closed in 1959, distilled at Long Pond Distillery. Aged 12 years in tropical climate. Angel’s share >60%.
- Velier Savanna 2012 Rhum Agricole61%120Made in 2012 at Savanna distillery on the Isle de Réunion, this tropical rum has been matured for six years in French oak barrels before being bottled in February 2019 by Italian bottler Velier for its Indian Ocean Stills collection. Made using freshly-pressed sugar cane juice, this rum has fresh, herbal notes of grass, hay and garden herbs throughout the palate.
- Velier Charamel 2014 Pure Sugar Cane Juice Rum58%100Chamarel is a jewel distillery founded in 2008 by Couacaud family in the south of the island, closed to the marvelous seven colored earth area. It’s a small plant in the middle of its 300 hectars property with 35 of sugar cane fields. It’s an extraordinary raw material, harvested by hand, doing fermentation with own cultivation of yeasts and distillation in different stills.
So Chamarel can produce different rums, lighter distilled in Barbet single column, or heavier with double distillation, with a pot still Cognacaise and an Armagnacaise still. This rum is a sugar cane juice rhum, distilled in September 2014 in single column still. Aged 4 tropical years in Mauritius island, and bottled straight from the cask at 58% Total production 2.284 bottles
- Hampden Estate46%80The Hamden Estate in Jamaica has long produced excellent aged rum, much of which goes into blends, making it a bit hard to come by (indie bottlers do sometimes get their hands on a few casks, mind). However, the time has come for the distillery to release some its aged rum itself! This edition is made using pot still rum, is matured in Jamaica and bottled is at 46% ABV - and it's excellent.
- Hampden estate Overproof60%100A perfect example of the high ester rums that Hampden Estate are renowned across the world for. The 60% Overproof expression displays a very bold, yet balanced character, and a powerful aromatic profile. Full of ripe tropical fruit, phenolic notes and an underlying spice, this is great sipping expression to sit, savour and enjoy.
Rum list last updated 4 months ago